- Tinnitus is a persistent ringing in the ears. It’s typically triggered by noise-induced hearing loss, and often causes a great deal of distress with many patients. A medical condition that affects millions of people worldwide. Current evidence proves that it occurs due to a reorganization of neural connections in your brain.
Tailor-Made Notched Music Therapy is a tinnitus treatment that lowers the loudness of your tinnitus over time. There is no tinnitus cure, however Tailor-Made notched music therapy is a tinnitus treatment that can offer a great deal of relief.
It is created by taking music and removing sound energy—”notching”—around the frequency of your tinnitus tone. It is believed to target the auditory neurons that cause your tinnitus and rewiring them.
Sustained listening to this therapy lowers the loudness of your tinnitus, alleviating the suffering caused by this horrible illness. It’s effectiveness will be clear after a long term treatment of the course of several months, but you are likely to notice a reduction in loudness of your tinnitus in days or weeks.
- Tailor made notched music therapy is designed to help a certain group of Tinnitus sufferers:
- People with a tonal tinnitus, tinnitus sounds like a “peep” or a “whistle”.
- People who have less than moderate hearing loss (i.e. less than 35dB)
- It’s impossible to predict the specific percentage reduction in tinnitus volume in a specific case. We can, however, show you the average reduction in volume that was observed during the scientific experiments conducted by researchers.
Tailored Notched Music
Reduction Tinnitus loudness by an average of approximately 20% after five days of therapy, listening at 3, 6, 6, and 3 hours daily over those five days
Reduction Tinnitus loudness by an average of approximately 17% after six months of therapy (on a different treatment regimen of listening for 2 hours daily)
Reduction was found to reduce Tinnitus loudness an average of approximately 27% after twelve months, listening for 2 hours daily
Tailored Notched White Noise
Reduction Tinnitus volume by an average of 12 dB (75%) after one month of listening 1.5 – 3 hours daily
Reduction Tinnitus volume by an average of 15 dB after seven months of listening 1.5 – 3 hours daily
- We have taken the results from Lugli, 2009, and put in a graph, which illustrates the average volume reduction seen in patients. As can be seen, a gradual volume reduction should be expected, which increases with months of therapy.
- This therapy has only recently been developed and there are no multi-year follow-up studies done (yet). So the data needed to answer this question isn’t available yet.
It is believed that the more time you spend listening to the therapy and the more weeks you are using the application, the greater the effect will be, and the more permanent the changes in Tinnitus loudness will be.
If you only use the app for a very short time (a couple of days), the Tinnitus volume reduction will not be permanent and will at least partially reverse. Its important to spend several months, a few hours a day, listening to the notched music.
- This Treatment Plan accounts for the fact that a user’s tinnitus frequency may shift during the course of treatment.
As such, it is important to periodically check one’s tinnitus frequency by making a new profile to make sure that the “notch” lines up correctly with your, current, tinnitus frequency.
Treatment Plan: (for either Music or White Noise)
Try to spread listening out over the day, You can easily check your total amount of hours in the statistics part of the app.
Week 1: Listen for 1.5-3 hours a day for seven days. Make a new profile every other day.
Week 2-4: Listen for 3 hours a day. Make a new profile once a week.
Week 4 – 6 months: Listen for 2 hours a day. Make a new profile bi-weekly.
- You must use headphones that block out external environmental noise, such as noise-cancelling headphones or in-ear headphones. The idea is to receive NO energy in the area of your tinnitus frequency, so make sure no environmental noise filters through while listening to the therapy, the notch will be corrupted.
- When listening, please be careful to keep a comfortable volume! High volume listening may damage your hearing and worsen your tinnitus!
- Over the course of several weeks or months of listening to notched music, it is possible that the frequency of your tinnitus will shift. This is normal, and may occur as a response to the treatment.
If the “notch” isn’t lined up with your tinnitus frequency, the therapy will NOT work.
See our Treatment Plan for details.
- We encourage anyone with tinnitus to be skeptical of any tinnitus cure, miracle treatment, or tinnitus remedies, without scientific evidence. Tailor-Made Notched Music Therapy is based on solid scientific evidence from several studies from all over the world. We recommend our users to look at the original tinnitus research that Tinnitus Pro is based on. For your convenience, we have included some links for these papers below. ProMedical Audio is an independent company, and we are in no way affiliated with any of the scientists who have done this research.
Customized Notched Music Training Reduces Tinnitus Loudness
Listening to Tailor-Made Notched Music Reduces Tinnitus Loudness and Tinnitus-Related Auditory Cortex Activity
Short and Intense Tailor-Made Notched Music Training Against Tinnitus: The Tinnitus Frequency Matters
The Windowed Sound Therapy: A New Empirical Approach for an Effective Personalized Treatment of Tinnitus
Listening to Filtered Music as a Treatment Option for Tinnitus: A Review
Critical Review: Efficacy of notched-sound therapy for neural plasticity mediated tinnitus treatment (unpublished)